BROOKLYN COLLEGE LIBRARY ARCHIVES & SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
2900 BEDFORD AVENUE
BROOKLYN NEW YORK 11210
718.951.5346
http://library.brooklyn.cuny.edu

BROOKLYN COLLEGE LOCAL HISTORY RESEARCH COLLECTION

Accession #89-003

Captain Paul Boyton (1848-1924)  

In the 1890s, Boyton founded Sea Lion Park, the first enclosed amusement park where entrants were charged an 

admission.  In time, this became the Coney Island Amusement Park

 

 

 

Dates 1600s-1900s

 

Extent 117 boxes / 58.5 cubic feet

 

Creator Local Studies Institute of St. Francis College

 

Access/Use This collection is open for research.
Copyright is retained by Brooklyn College Library.
Materials can be accessed at the Brooklyn College Archives & Special Collections, Main floor (Room #130), 2900 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, New York, 11210.

 

Languages English

 

Finding Aid The guide is available in-house and online.

 

Acquisition/Appraisal This collection was donated to Brooklyn College Archive upon the dismantling of the archives at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, New York, in 1988.

 

Description Control Finding aid content adheres to that prescribed by Describing Archives: A Content Standard.

 

Preferred Citation Item, folder title, box number, Brooklyn College Local History Research Collection, Brooklyn College Library Archives & Special Collections, Brooklyn College Library

 

Subject Heading Brooklyn -- History.

 

 

Historical Note  | Scope and Content Note  |Collection Outline | Container Holdings  | Home

 Back to Master List